Friday 4 November 2022

Predators

 The Predator...





The T7, W11 3+ save, BS3+, M12" Predator is two-of-five heavy support choices for the Death Guard. I say two as there is the Predator Annihilator - with its twin lascannon turret - and the Predator Destructor - with its Predator Autocannon turret. Interestingly, both types of Predators can be armed with either lascannon or heavy bolter sponsons and the Annihilator is cheaper than the Destructor!


It's a tank which is hardly seen and at around 140pts ... it's easy to see why it's not taken. With no disgustingly resilient, these heavy weapon boats can easily be taken down. Sure, you get the Contagions of Nurgle ability but, whenever are you going to want to get one of these boys within contagion range of the enemy? So why on earth have I painted three!



Because look at them! I went for the £70-00 30K Foreworld Predator (The plastic Horus Heresy ones hadn't been released when I purchased these) which comes with enough weapons to build either type of Predator. Being a clever dude, I've not glued the weapons on. Instead, I can 'chop and change' so I can field either three Annihilators or three Destructors ... or a combination of the two!


Not being so clever, I have only magnetised the turret weapons. This means that the sponson weapons are a little ... loose. If not careful they can fall out. I am not planning on using the Predators that often therefore, I am not sure if a magnet is worth it or not ... I'll have to have a think.


Anyway, with three Pedators and two Landraiders now painted, my quest to have every awful Death Guard vehicle painted is almost complete. I just have to finish the 3rd Landraider.


Toodle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment