Saturday 19 November 2022

Land Raider

The Land Raider



Such an iconic vehicle. I believe the Land Raider has been in 40k since 2nd edition ... and has been absolutely useless since 3rd. Arguably the second worst tank in the Death Guard book after the Predator (see post below for my three painted Predators) due to its tiny bit of resilience, it really is a shame that these aren't better because they look so cool!


I decided to stick with my theme of 30k tanks to make my army look as though it had been in the warp for a millennium. The Rhinos, Predators and Land Raiders are all 30k. I love these models with the tracks exposed. I decided to purchase two armoured Proteus Land Raiders and one unarmoured. I have just finished the unarmoured one and it's supposed to represent my command tank; hosting my force's commander as he plans his next move (maybe it's to ditch the Land Raider and get a decent vehicle). The two armoured ones roll up the battlefield stuffed full of terminators or possessed.


The Land Raider is 245pts. For a T8, 16W 2+ save bullet magnet. It doesn't even hit on 2+ ... and its weapons only do D6 damage making them very swingy indeed. It also doesn't have a invulnerable save and, with a lot of anti-tank weapons being -lots of AP, it dies very quickly. It also doesn't reduce damage by 1! The Forgeworld Proteus is a little better. 10pts cheaper with a 5+ invulnerable save. This is still all clutching at straws as, rules wise, I'd pretty much take anything else.





But I won't always as, when they are on the battlefield, they look epic ... and that's what counts.


Having a break with the green paint for a little while and going back to painting some large robots for a bit.


Toodle Pip!

1 comment:

  1. Loyalists could field a Land Raider in Rogue Trader times, even Imperial Guard used them I believe, so I can't see Chaos not having them.

    ReplyDelete