Thursday 16 April 2020

Plague ridden host have re-enforcements

Hi all,

Now I'm sure my devotion to the 'great unclean one' has had no effect on the world's current situation ... I'm sure of it ... I think so anyway!

While lockdown has consumed most of the UK, I've been trying to keep myself busy by updating my Death Guard army. I have now managed to build a 'Demon Engine' host which is, annoyingly, around 2020pts ... meaning that in a 2,000pt game one of my engines has to sit on the sidelines. You never know; maybe GW will decrease the points in the future.

Before I explain and show you photos of my glorious new army, two posts down, I wrote a blog about my mechanised Death Guard force back in August. The first thing I have to say is that, after taking it for a spin a couple of times, I realised that it was missing something ... it needed a little more bite in combat. I, therefore, removed one unit of Death Guard marines, removed a 'Gardner' and shifted some points around so that I could afford a tallyman, a ten-man (maybe men) until of poxwalkers and an eight-man possessed until which goes in the third Rhino I had already bought.



The Talleyman is there, not for his USELESS ability to get command points back on a seven (ever happen to you? ... thought not) but for his ability to allow all of my possessed to re-roll their misses in combat.

The Games Workshop possessed models are, ummm, not the best shall we say. I, therefore 'kit bashed' mine with parts from the Death Guard Space Marine and the Possessed box. Some of them look great; others are ... Okay.







As you can see; I've been having fun painting Death Guard Demon Engines. I now have the maximum of each engine which you can field in a legal 40k army list. I had already painted a Demon Prince, three Plagueburst Crawlers, three blight haulers and two bloat drones for my previous list, however; adding another six blight haulers, another bloat drone and a Demon Prince still took a good three months!





This Bloat Drone came from the 40k starter set and, because of this, I didn't get the lawnmower. I, therefore, bought the arms from an Ork Killer Kan and used them which, makes him look like a leader of the three.


This is my second Blight Hauler formation.



This is my third formation. Blight Haulers are so underrated. With their recent points reduction, no penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons, +1 to hit if three models in the formation AND -1 to hit in combat, they are very useful. The multi-melta is such a good weapon and, with nine of these on the board, it'll help me kill knights etc.







This is the model which got me hooked on Death Guard and, it was a joy to paint. Though a Demon Prince with wings is much, much better; I didn't want to convert this model in any way, therefore, I'll take the pain of walking. This model was such a nice project to work on.


So; my actual 2,000pt Death Guard Demon Engine army consists of:





An Outrider and a Spearhead detachment. The Outrider has...


Demon Prince of Nurgle - Warlord, Wings, 2x Malefic talons, Arch-contaminator and the Fungaris Helm.


16x Poxwalkers


3x Foetid Bloat-drones (all with the fleshmower)
2 units of 3 Myphitic Blight-Haulers
1 unit of 2 Myphitic Blight-Haulers

The Spearhead consists of...

Demon Prince of Nurgle - Helforge Sword

3x Plague Burst Crawlers (all with Plaguespitters)

Total 2,000pts

And that's it! Everything - of any value - has a 5+ invulnerable save, a 5+ disgustingly resilient save and a load of wounds.

Fancy a game?

No comments:

Post a Comment