Saturday 21 December 2019

Adeptus Titanicus - Tranch Two completed

'Tranch' ... all sounds a bit serious!

Well, I play a couple of Games Workshop Games (40k and Adeptus Titanicus ... going to start playing Aeronautica Imperialis again soon) and I like to paint a lot of models - or a tranch - for one of my games in one go. As you'll see from my previous posts, I last painted Adeptus Titanicus models in March. From March until August - when I was painting my 40K Death Guard - I was buying and storing Adeptus Titanicus models until the Death Guard tranch had been completed.

When I finished the Death Guard - on August 22nd - I found myself with two warlord weapons, two Reaver Titan weapons and a load of knights. Below, I'll go through all of the models I have painted over the last four months.



The first thing I completed was the Warlord Quake Cannon. I do think that this weapon is very good as it can change the way enemy titans face; meaning that they could end up out of arc for their own firing. I also like the high strength.






I also painted the Gatling Blaster. A lot of people rate this weapon however, on a Warlord, I'm not overly convinced. It's great at 'shield stripping' however, do I want a 500 point model to target shields only? Secondly, it can be used to target crippled enemy titans however, that's a -2 to hit and, in order to get the +1 to hit from the weapon, the warlord has to be very close to the enemy ... and the Warlord only moves 4" a turn. Also, what's best to cripple an enemy titan? A Warlord with volcano and Quake cannons. I feel that the Gatling blaster is better on the Reaver ... but it's nice to have the choice.


I like the Vulcan Mega-bolter. My only concern is the range. It has a 20" range and, if an enemy titan is smaller and within 8", the Reaver can't shoot at it with its carapace weapon. This gives this weapon an 12" range. In a game where you can't pre-measure, it's a little limited.









Speaking of limited; the Warp Missile. Love the rules, love the idea, will probably never use it. It's just so random. I have magnetised the warp missile to the rack so that I can remove it after it has fired.






I love Cerastus Knights. Three in a formation seems to be the magic number therefore, I have two formations of three. These guys are fast, well protected and cannot be ignored as they can kill a Warlord in combat. I do have issues getting them into combat though. Apparently, early next year I've been told that the flamer version is coming out. I'll have to get three of those so that I can run three units of three (2 lancers and a flamer in each formation).







The Acastus; probably the most hated model in the game (which is unfair as I love the model). The weapons have been magnetised in case other weapons are released. I'm going to go out on a limb here; I feel that the rules for the Acastus - and the points value - are fine. DON'T LEAVE ... let me finish. Sure, they are stupidly good when attached to a Legio however, within a Knight force, they are needed. If it was me, I would limit the Acastus to 'one Acastus model per Legio maniple' and that's it. For me; I'll only use one per maniple in my games however, in my knight's list, all four are in.






Now, three of the models photographed were actually in tranch one. I've added a fourth as that makes their save so much better (that model is the leader - hence why their face mask is a lighter green - and they have a powerfist). I've painted Storm Spear Rocket Launchers which, are really good. I have twelve of the launchers done.




Now, three of the models photographed were actually in tranch one. I've added a fourth as that makes their save so much better (that model is the leader - hence why their face mask is a lighter green - and they have a powerfist). I've painted Storm Spear Rocket Launchers which, are really good. I have twelve of the launchers done.


Now, three of the models photographed were actually in tranch one. I've added a fourth as that makes their save so much better (that model is the leader - hence why their face mask is a lighter green - and they have a powerfist). I've painted Storm Spear Rocket Launchers which, are really good. I have twelve of the launchers done.

I have been told that Questoris Knights with two melee weapons is the best choice. I, therefore, painted four; one of which is my Seneschal. The Seneschal is armed with two powerfists whereas the others have two melee weapons.








Say hello to Kevin; my Seneschal. He's armed with two powerfists and I've converted the left leg to be stepping onto the rubble in front of him. I wanted to have a go at converting a Knight and, it felt appropriate that it should be Kevin. Converting the leg was actually easier than I thought.

Kevin is also a very clever knight. As you can see, he brings cover around the tabletop with him (using his fists) so that he is always -2 to hit ... clever Kevin ;).



So after 'tranch two' I have the below fully painted (plus additional weapons if required)

Warlord - 2 Sunfury Plasma Annihilators and Apocalypse Missile Launchers 490points
Warlord - Quake Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Apocalypse Missile Launchers 475points

Reaver - Gatling Blaster and Chain Fist. Vulcan Mega-bolter 295points
Reaver - Melta Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Apocalypse Missile Launcher 320pts

Warhound - 2 Vulcan Mega-bolters 200points
Warhound - 1 Vulcan Mega-bolter and a Plasma Blast Gun 220pts
Warhound - 2 Inferno Guns 220pts
Warhound - 2 inferno Guns 220pts

Total titans 2,440points

4 Questoris Knights - 2 melee weapons and 1 Melta Gun (with Kevin) 210points
4 Questoris Knights - Thermal Cannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 290points
4 Questoris Knights - Rapidfire Battlecannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 290points
4 Questoris Knights - Avenger Gatling Cannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 270points

3 Cerastus Knights - Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield 250points
3 Cerastus Knights - Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield 250points

1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 100points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 100points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 100points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 100points

Total Knights 1,960points

Grand Total 4,400points ... not bad!

So what'll be in Tranch three then? Well, the Warlord Carapace weapons certainly. I would really like another Reaver Titan and possibly (not sure yet) another two Warhounds. If Games Workshop come out with some new knights / titans then sure, I'll add those as well.

Toodle Pip!

1 comment:

  1. In the end you are measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish.
    My website Glass cooker splashbacks UK

    ReplyDelete