Sunday 17 May 2020

Tranch Three completed

Only four weeks after completing my third Death Guard army, I completed the third tranch of my Adeptus Titanicus Legio Mortis force. Naturally, my tranches are getting smaller and smaller; this phase consisted of:

1) The Warlord Carapace weapons





I am very much looking forward to using these; especially the Gatling Blasters.


2) Another Reaver Titan






I wanted to do something a little different with this one therefore, I converted his foot so that he was stepping on some terrain. I think he looks pretty cool. I wanted a third Reaver as this allows me to do most of the maniples in the game currently.

3) Warbringer Nemesis Titan



Now, I really want two of these, however, I have learnt from my previous mistakes. Many moons ago, Games Workshop released the Warlord and Reaver Titans with specific weapons (and I bought two of each) ... and then a few months later, they released another version of the same two titans with different weapons. I (and I am sure others too) cursed slightly when I realised that, if I had only bought one Warlord and one Reaver at the start, a month or two later I could have bought the other variant and not have to buy the weapons sprue (one costing £20 and the other £25 I think).

This time, I have learnt from my mistakes. I have bought just one Warbringer just in case they bring out another with different weapons (though there is a case to say that the additional weapons will be Foreworld parts but, you can never tell until something is released).

I really enjoyed painting this model as it has been about a year since I'd painted a titan.

With these new additions, where does this leave my total force standing:

So after 'tranch three' I have the below fully painted (plus additional weapons if required)

Warlord - 2 Sunfury Plasma Annihilators and Gatling Blasters 505points
Warlord - Quake Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Apocalypse Missile Launchers 475points




Warbringer Nemesis Titan - Mori Quake Cannon, Volcano Cannon, Gatling Blaster 395pts

Reaver - Gatling Blaster and Chain Fist. Vulcan Mega-bolter 295points
Reaver - Melta Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Apocalypse Missile Launcher 320pts
Reaver - Melta Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Turbo laser destroyer 330pts

Warhound - 2 Vulcan Mega-bolters 200points
Warhound - 1 Vulcan Mega-bolter and a Plasma Blast Gun 220pts
Warhound - 2 Inferno Guns 220pts
Warhound - 2 inferno Guns 220pts

Total titans 3,180points

4 Questoris Knights - 2 melee weapons and 1 Melta Gun (with Kevin) 210points
4 Questoris Knights - Thermal Cannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 290points
4 Questoris Knights - Rapidfire Battlecannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 290points
4 Questoris Knights - Avenger Gatling Cannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 270points

3 Cerastus Knights - Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield 250points
3 Cerastus Knights - Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield 250points

1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points

Total Knights 2,300points

Grand total 5,480pts


Over 5,000pts! Not bad; I can make two, 2000pt armies and have the flexibility for changes.

So what might Tranch four look like? Well, some new Cerastus Knights are coming out; I'll want four of those. If the Warbringer comes out with different weapons I'll grab another and, possibly two more warhounds but I am still unsure on these.

Until later

Toodle Pip!


No comments:

Post a Comment