Friday 26 October 2018

The Black Masked Redemption is here!

DO YOU KNOW THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!!!!


... COME ON....




.... NOT QUICK ENOUGH (fires his flame thrower).

My fifth, and final, Necromunda gang has been completed. The rather 'set-in-their-ways' (but quite miss-understood) 'Black Masked Redemption' are crusading in the depths of the Underhive once more.


And I do mean one more!


The Necromunda Redemptionist gang holds a lot of nostalgia for me as, probably around twenty years ago, you would have seen me running to my local Games Workshop store (with a massively over-sized bag and my shirt hanging out) to pull out my then Redemptionist gang, to set the Underhive alight (Literally). Sadly, at some point over the last twenty years, I must swapped my gang for a can of Virgin Coke, a bag of Sherbet Lemons and a sticker of David Seaman (so I could complete my football album) ... oh, how young and stupid I must have been. The Redemptionists are an absolute love of mine and, when a friend said that he was selling his un-painted gang of 16 models, I almost bit his hand off.

Painting the gang up has been a joy and, overall, not that difficult. Recently, I've been painting a lot of red (please see by Blood Bowl Dwarf Team) so I am finding it a lot of fun. When painting my 40k Death Guard army, I learnt how to 'edge highlight' a figure therefore, I brought this knowledge to this gang. The gang is made up of the traditional reds, yellows and blacks of old. My favorite two models have to be the arch-zealot special character and the novice with two autopistols (uzi's to normal folk).

Anyway; without further a-do, let me present my gang:






The Arch Zealot Special Character is a lovely model and, currently, is stepping in as my priest, as I can't justify spending 90 credits on a melta-gun when he is only BS4.



Like I said above, the actual Priest model is armed with a melta-gun. When my Arch Zealot increases his ballistic skill, I might swap him out for this guy ... but not yet!



Sadly, the gang only came with a single Deacon. I would have either liked two with flamers, or the one with the grenade launcher for variety. Still, I can't complain too much.


You can't have a Redemptionist gang without some crazed Zealots running around with over-sized combat weapons. My favourite has to be the guy with the eviscerator with an exterminator cartridge attached ... lovely!





The core of the gang has to be the brothers. These are your dependable troopers however, I wish more of the models had exterminator cartridges.









One of my favourite models - the guy with the 2 autopistols - is a Novice. I love the novices because their ballistic skill of 2 doesn't really matter ... not when all the models come posed with an exterminator cartridge ... burn!








All-in-all, your looking at a Redemptionist gang worth 1,925 credits! Not bad at all for a month's work!



Next up ... titans walk this land!

2 comments: