Thursday 7 September 2017

(Enter team name here) ... My Skaven Team is ready for the field!

Hello sports fans!

Well another two months (just over actually) and another team is finished. I now have a fully painted Skaven team consisting of twenty-one players (six less than the orcs) and eight coaching staff (eight more than the orcs ... unless you count 'Tony').

I decided to paint this team in a totally different way to my previous one. This time, I saw a beautiful Skaven team on Facebook, painted in black and yellow. I decided to copy it and, even though my results aren't quite as good as the team I saw on Facebook, I am still happy with them.

My team was painted using the below technique:

Base Coat: Dwarf flesh was used for the flesh. Black was used for most of the fabric and metal parts. A mid-range yellow was used on the armour and a mid-range brown was used on any pouches, belts etc.

Washes: The entire model was washed in Agrax Earthshade (I love this paint).

Highlights: Dwarf flesh followed by elf flesh was used to highlight the flesh. I picked out the edges of the black fabric with a very dark blue, followed by a mid-range blue. A mid-range yellow - followed by a light-range yellow - was used on the armour. A mid-range brown followed by a lighter brown was used on any pouches, belts etc. A dark-silver was applied to all of the black metal parts. The eyes were painted in a dark-red. The teeth and claws were painted in a bone colour.

Washes: Seraphim Sepia was used to give the metal parts a rusty look.

Highlights: The metal was highlighted with a dark-metal before smaller parts were highlighted with a lighter metal.

Below are some photos of my new team:



Apothcary, head coach and six Cheerrats.






Two Blitzers





 Four Gutter Runners





 Twelve Linerats





 A Rat Ogre





 Two Throwers



 The whole Team







And that is it! In total it is...

1x Head Coach,   0gc
1x Apothcary     50,000gc
6x Cheerrats     60,000 gc
1x Rat Ogre,    150,000 gc
2x Blitzers,      180,000 gc
4x Gutter Runners, 320,000 gc
12x Linerats,   600,000 gc
3x Re-rolls,     180,000 gc
Total          1,540,000gc

If you are wondering why there arn't any names that is because I haven't thought of any yet (not even my team name). If you have any topical - yet comical - names please let me know. One rat will be called Bob!


Next ... Dwarfs!

Toodle Pip!


No comments:

Post a Comment