Sunday 15 November 2009

Big Gunz done!

Last week (Sunday 8th November) I complete my Big Gunz mob ... well, when I say completed, I still have one Supa-zaap a mate gave to me a couple of weeks ago (It needs building and basing first) to paint. I couldn't take a piccy last weekend (as it was dark when I finished painting them) so I went outside today and snapped a couple of photos.









11x Big Gunz, 1x Supa-zaap and 1x Soopa-gun all painted in lovely yellow ... so that's another formation done and this weekend I'm working on a formation of 4 Fighta Bommerz (2 down, 2 to go). I've painted the fighta-bommerz the same as the Flakk Waggonz except I've added different coloured panels (looks like the Orks ave been fixen things themselves) and they look pretty cool.









However everything this last couple of weeks hasn't been all Orky; when my monthly pay check came through I rang up Forge World / Games Workshop and Maelstrom Games and ordered my new Imperial Guard Tank army:
















10x packs of Leman Russ Executioners (30 tanks, though 3 are going to be destroyed and used as objectives)
1x pack of Leman Russ vanquishers (3 tanks; used as command vehicles for the three Executioner companies)
2x packs of Hydras (6 tanks)
4x packs of Salamander Scout tanks (12 tanks)
2x packs of Leman Russ Destroyers (6 tanks)
1x pack of Basilisks (3 tanks)
1x pack of Shadow Swords (3 tanks; still waiting for them to arrive)
2x packs of Leman Russ Conquerors (6 tanks; still waiting for them to arrive)
1x Leman Russ Tank Company (10 tanks)
2x packs of Griffons (6 tanks; I forgot to take a photo of all the Imperial Guard blister packs before building these)
1x Infantry pack
1x Character pack

1x pack of Flames of War Small bases (to base my tanks)
1x pack of Flames of War Big Bases (to base the Shadow Swords)
1x box of GW snow

The army will hopefully be painted in a kind of 'Panzer Grey' style in the snow (eastern front kind of theme). I'm in the middle of building this army but, in regards to painting, the Orks take priority at the moment.


Speaking of Ork painting, I'd better get back to it.


TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment