Sunday 3 July 2022

31 Blightlord Terminators

My quest to have three of every choice within the Death Guard list took a big leap forward this weekend with 31 Blightlord terminators painted.






The observant ones amongst you will have noticed that there are only thirty terminators in the photos, and not 31. Well, my third flail is a model I use as a sorcerer in terminator armour too.


Quite a lot of Death Guard players agree that the Blightlord terminator option within the Death Guard army list is currently it's best option. At 40pts a model with 3 wounds, 2+ save, -1 to enemy AP, 4+ invulnerable and -1 damage these guys are tough. With a plethora of combat and shooting weapons they are versatile. With a -1 toughness aura they are able to hurt the enemy pretty easily and with the 'Core' key word they can take objectives. The only downside is their 5" move however, they can deepstrike.

The only real debate to have about taking this unit is, what weapons to kit them out with. The axe seems a little better than the sword as the extra strength really does help. The fail is also a good option too. Ranged weapons are a bit more difficult to decide upon. Some players like to just run combi-bolters and with 4 shorts per terminator, you can see why. Stratagems can be used to make your bolters even nastier! Personally, I am quite partial to a combi-melta however, the -1 to hit when firing both weapons is annoying. For heavy weapons I quite like the blight launcher however, I have been starting to take the reaper autocannon due to it's range.

Thankfully now, I don't need to really make the above decisions model wise as I have pretty much all options...

3x terminators (Combi-melta and axes)
3x terminators (Combi-flamer. 2 with axes and 1 with a sword)
3x terminators (Combi-plasma. 2 with axes and 1 with a sword)
3x terminators (flail)
3x terminators (Reaper autocannon. 2 with axes and 1 with a sword)
3x terminators (Blight launcher. 2 with axes and 1 with a sword)
3x terminators (Plague spewer. 2 with axes and 1 with a sword)
10x terminators (Combi-bolter. 5 with axes and 5 with swords)







So what is next?

Will I am a little bored of terminator armour. I have my final 7 Plague Marines to pain up (giving me around 50 with all options) and a second Talleyman. After this, I am painting three predators and my final Landraider.

I am so very close to finishing my Death Guard; I can now almost see the end.

Toodle Pip!


2 comments:

  1. Well done, my vintage ones have been doing well for me in our narrative campaign but I will get some of the new models eventually to give me more options and I can always run another squad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one ... I love the older 40k Models

    ReplyDelete