Saturday 2 April 2022

Tall and short: the biggest change in scale I have ever seen - Adeptus Titanicus tranche 5

 Tranche 5 completed!










I don't think I have ever painted a group of models that have such a difference in scale. Neither will I ever paint a collection of models that will not be used as much as these will. This is either down to their ability, their price or just how you get them into your list. I have to say though; painting such a unique set of figures has been fun ... more fun than the building stage.






The Warmaster Heavy Battle Titan. At around 1,060pts (with missiles in the shoulders) this IS your army if you are playing 1,500pts / 1,750pts. If you are already spending over 1,000 points on it, I would go all the way and make it corrupted (as long as you are fighting on the right side of the war, of course ;) ). Immediately, Unholy vigour, Frozen soul, Chitinous Carapace and Preternatural Regeneration spring to mind. Personally, I would go for Frozen soul (+2 repair dice for venting plasma), Chitinous Carapace (-2 strength to weapons hitting the body and carapace) and Preternatural Regeneration (+2 repair dice) for 90 points. Add an additional die for repairs through a strat and you are on 11 dice!


In regards to creating this monster. The kit had around 300 pieces and I hated putting it together. Also, magnetising this beast was horrific; especially the shoulder weapons (which have been magnetised). Painting, on the other hand, was good fun and didn't take as long as I expected. It is a beautiful model however, I never EVER want to build one ever again. I shall therefore buy the weapons for the Iconclast only.















A second Nemesis Warbringer I hear you say! Yes indeedy; though this time with the volcano cannon on the top (I have the quake cannon too; thanks to BattleBling's turntable). This titan isn't used very often and it's easy to see why as it fills a rather peculiar role. It's supposed to be an artillery titan however, a Warlord with twin volcano cannon and missiles isn't a lot more and, arguably, is better and more resilient. "Why not send the Nemesis forward?" Well ... why not take a Reaver if you are planning on doing this? It's a shame as I really like the model and this is why I am determined to try and make it work!


My latest army list uses the Ruptural maniple therefore, I have two of these boys backed up with two Reavers, a Warhound and two knights. If the Nemesis kill an enemy titan, my Chainfist welding Reaver can make a normal move ... which can be good, IF the nemesis makes the kill. I have therefore armed my Warhound for shield stripping, the Nemesis for titan killing and the Reavers for close combat goodness.





 











If I am being honest, I am not sure the Asterius knight will ever leave the box after this photoshoot. At 210 points, this lad is a little pricey. The main weapon - Conversion beam cannon - is nice with 4 dice, 5" blast at Str 9 making it quite tasty (no minuses for short or long range). The thing is, I think the other Acastus is better. Maybe for a game or two it will make an appearance.










And aren't they cute! At the same height as a Warmaster's big toe, it won't be a problem hiding these little fellas. Also at 85 points for the unit, they are the cheapest in the game making it a very cheap activation. You can have 12 however, the cost to buy these guys - and the fact that you need a normal unit of knights before you can add these - will keep me at just the three (unless they become epic!).










And the other cuties. At 105 points they are a little more expensive than the Armigers. Once again, this is just an activation boost for me; I don't expect these guys to do any killing. They can help the activation war and hold objectives while 'bigger models' kill the enemy.













Finally, I have created a 'temporary banner' with magnets on the bottom. The idea is that I can magnetise it to a knights base (by putting magnets above and below the base) to represent a knight with a banner. Within knight households, banners are good. The problem is; I have no idea what type of knight should be carrying a banner. This is why I have a one that I can move between models until I understand which model should have a banner modelled on them permanently.











So that has taken me just over two months to complete. Actually ... this wasn't everything. I also got the Warlord, Reaver and Warhound Volkite weapons done as well. I also did a very quick conversion with one of my Warhounds so that it can act as a Wolf Scout model.


"So what is planned for tranche 6" - If nothing else is released, another Warlord and another Reaver. Currently that is all I would like.



Finally, below is my up-to-date total army list taking into account tranche five:



Warmaster Battle Titan - 2x Suzerain class plasma Destructors, 1x Revelator Missile Launcher, 2x Apocalypse Missile Array, Infusive Supercoolant 1,060pts

Warlord - 2 Sunfury Plasma Annihilators and Gatling Blasters 505pts
Warlord - Quake Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Apocalypse Missile Launchers 475pts

Warbringer Nemesis Titan - Mori Quake Cannon, Volcano Cannon, Gatling Blaster 395pts
Warbringer Nemesis Titan - Belicosa Volcano Cannon, Volcano Cannon, Gatling Blaster 430pts


Reaver - Gatling Blaster and Chain Fist. Vulcan Mega-bolter 295pts
Reaver - Melta Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Apocalypse Missile Launcher 320pts
Reaver - Melta Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Turbo laser destroyer 330pts

Warhound - 2 Vulcan Mega-bolters 200pts
Warhound - 1 Vulcan Mega-bolter and a Plasma Blast Gun 220pts
Warhound - 1 Vulcan Mega-bolter and a Plasma Blast Gun 220pts
Warhound - 1 Vulcan Mega-bolter and a Plasma Blast Gun 220pts
Warhound - 2 Inferno Guns 220pts
Warhound - 2 inferno Guns 220pts

Total titans 5,110points

4 Questoris Knights - 2 melee weapons and 1 Melta Gun (with Kevin) 210pts
4 Questoris Knights - Thermal Cannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 290pts
4 Questoris Knights - Rapidfire Battlecannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 290pts
4 Questoris Knights - Avenger Gatling Cannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 270pts

2 Questoris Magaera Knights - 2x Phased Plasma-Fusil 160pts

2 Questoris Styrix Knights - 2x Graviton Gun 170pts

4 Cerastus Knights - 2x Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield / 1x Bolt Cannon and Tempest Warblade / 1x Flame cannon and Chainfist 335pts
4 Cerastus Knights - 2x Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield / 1x Bolt Cannon and Tempest Warblade / 1x Flame cannon and Chainfist 335pts
2 Cerastus Knights - Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield 170 pts 

2 Cerastus Atrapos Knights 200pts

1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points

1 Acastus Asterius Knight 210pts

3 Knight Armiger 85pts

3 Knight Moirax 105pts

Total Knights 3,570points

Grand total 8,680pts

No comments:

Post a Comment