Saturday 13 February 2021

Adeptus Titanicus Tranch Four completed

 Two updates in two months ... I am spoiling you



(Sorry for the quality of  the photos ... it's still winter and the weather isn't great)

 

Well this is quite an important tranch. As of today- 13th Feb 2021 - there is nothing else I would like for Adeptus Titanicus!

Nope ... in all honestly I cannot think of anything i want which is out at the moment (and I'll explain why later). Tranch four has consisted a lot of Forgeworld models, the new GW Cerastus Knights and 2 more Warhounds to make 6 so, just check out the below:



 

I know have 6 Warhounds! This is quite important as a) It's my favourite titan and b) it allows me a lot of flexibility when choosing maniples or ... multiple maniples in the same army list. These boys aren't as difficult to paint as they would seem and only took a couple of weeks (one hour per day) ... just as long as you don't glue the armour panels on before painting!

 



 This box set came out, almost a year ago! It means that, you don't just have to field lancers. In all honestly, I still think the lance version is the best ; point-for-point. However, I do fancy trying putting a flamer in a unit ... or a bolt cannon with seven shots shooting either other knights or, a wounded titan in the rear ... it will be interesting to see if these boys replace my lancers as my 'number one' choice of knight.




The Forgeworld knights! I'd heard horror stories of 'thumb style prints' on the model and ForgeWorld not replacing them. At £32 for two ... i was a little nervous. When mine arrived, thankfully they were fine and, a pleasure to put together (there seems to be less mold lines on resin compared to plastic). At £32 for two, I don't see that I'll be buying anymore as I don't think that they are superior to the other Questoris knights. At 140 points per unit, I think I'll use them as a cheap activation, an 'easy to hide unit' and a distraction.

You'll also notice that the green used on these is slightly different to the green used on my normal knights. This is because they are mechanicum knights.

 



The Forgeworld knights! I'd heard horror stories of 'thumb style prints' on the model and ForgeWorld not replacing the models. At £32 for two ... i was a little nervous. When mine arrived, thankfully they were fine and, a pleasure to put together (there seems to be less mold lines on resin compared to plastic). At £32 for two, I don't see that I'll be buying anymore as I don't think that they are superior to the other Questoris knights. However, the 'voidbreaker' strength 4 weapon does seem quite useful. At 150 points per unit, I think I'll use them as a cheap activation, an 'easy to hide unit' and a shield stripper.

You'll also notice that the green used on these is slightly different to the green used on my normal knights. This is because they are mechanicum knights.

 



Unlike the other two sets of Forgeworld Knights, I found these a little problematic to put together. It was all to do with the feet and I have to say, that the feet are not perfect as I had to cut them and re-set them. At £40 for two, I wasn't going to buy more! I have to say though, with a speed of 12" and a fusion weapon at Str 6, Dice 2 ... I think these boys could be a real pain for the opponent. At 200 points per unit, I think I'll use them as a cheap activation, an 'easy to hide unit' and try to sneak them up on larger titans to do a lot of damage.

You'll also notice that the green used on these is slightly different to the green used on my normal knights. This is because they are mechanicum knights.



 

So this is my army as it stands and, like I said above, as of today there is nothing else I would like to buy. Sure there are things I would like to add however, I am waiting on releases. Below is what i would like to add and why it's not on my list yet.

I would like 1 Warmaster titan = It's not out yet!

I would like 1 more Warlord titan = I am waiting for the Chaos daemonic titan to be released. If it's the same size as a Warlord then, I'll use that as a warlord too ... a bit like the Loyalist Psy-titan.

If I have 3 Warlords, I would like another Reaver = Again I am waiting for the Chaos daemonic titan to see what scale it is.

I would like another Nemesis titan = Waiting for the release of the lascannon version. For those of you who have been playing a while then, you'll remember the release of the Warlord and Reaver Titans AND THEN the additional weapons were released as another Reaver/Warlord titan and GW initially were not going to sell the weapons separately. Once bitten, twice shy and I want to wait to see if the lascannon will be a Forgeworld weapon, or not, before I commit to another Nemesis Titan.

The additional weapons for the Acastus knight = not released yet.


So the above is a list of all the things I would like and why I am not getting them yet.




Finally, below is my up-to-date total army list taking into account tranch four:

Warlord - 2 Sunfury Plasma Annihilators and Gatling Blasters 505points
Warlord - Quake Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Apocalypse Missile Launchers 475points

Warbringer Nemesis Titan - Mori Quake Cannon, Volcano Cannon, Gatling Blaster 395pts

Reaver - Gatling Blaster and Chain Fist. Vulcan Mega-bolter 295points
Reaver - Melta Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Apocalypse Missile Launcher 320pts
Reaver - Melta Cannon and a Volcano Cannon. Turbo laser destroyer 330pts

Warhound - 2 Vulcan Mega-bolters 200points
Warhound - 1 Vulcan Mega-bolter and a Plasma Blast Gun 220pts
Warhound - 1 Vulcan Mega-bolter and a Plasma Blast Gun 220pts
Warhound - 1 Vulcan Mega-bolter and a Plasma Blast Gun 220pts
Warhound - 2 Inferno Guns 220pts
Warhound - 2 inferno Guns 220pts

Total titans 3,620points

4 Questoris Knights - 2 melee weapons and 1 Melta Gun (with Kevin) 210points
4 Questoris Knights - Thermal Cannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 290points
4 Questoris Knights - Rapidfire Battlecannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 290points
4 Questoris Knights - Avenger Gatling Cannon, melee weapon, 1 Melta Gun and a storm spear rocket pod 270points

2 Questoris Magaera Knights - 2x Phased Plasma-Fusil 160pts

2 Questoris Styrix Knights - 2x Graviton Gun 170pts

4 Cerastus Knights - 2x Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield / 1x Bolt Cannon and Tempest Warblade / 1x Flame cannon and Chainfist 335pts
4 Cerastus Knights - 2x Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield / 1x Bolt Cannon and Tempest Warblade / 1x Flame cannon and Chainfist 335pts
2 Cerastus Knights - Shock Lance and Gaunlet Shield 170 points 

2 Cerastus Atrapos Knights 200pts

1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points
1 Acastus Porphyrion Knight 185points

Total Knights 3,170points

Grand total 6,790pts





So now I will move back onto painting more Death Guard figures. I'm working on a '1st Company' terminator army with 2 Landraiders therefore, the next update will be a while.


Until then


Toodle Pip!

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty serious amount of heavy metal to place on the table! Hopefully someday soon you'll actually be able to get it in front of an opponent!

    ReplyDelete