Sunday 16 September 2018

1,750pt Death Guard Army list (Rotting Corpses)

In the post below, you will see my full Death Guard army. Below is my current 1,750pt Death Guard army which, at the time of writing, is undefeated (okay; it's only played a single game but hey ho! ... it's still a correct statement).

Battalion Detchment - (Death Guard) 5CP

HQ

Chaos Lord in Terminator armour
Power fist and combi-melta
Fugaris helm (additional 3" to any 'aura affects')
Warlord - Arch-contaminator (7"/10" aura; all plague weapons re-roll all failed wounds).
Lord of Nurgle (6"/9" re-roll 1's to hit)
Total 136pts

His job is to support the army, which has been filled with plague weapons. my lord's buffs have really taken this army to another level.

Demon Prince with wings
2 Malefic Talons
The Suppurating plate (-CP)
Spell - Miasma of Pestilence
Total 180pts

With the wings, my Demon Prince is one of the most manoverable models in my army. With the pair of talons, he has a bucketfull of high-strength attacks and with his spell - if cast - he is -1 to hit in shooting and combat. The suppurating plate gives him a 2+ save and causes a mortal wound - on a 4+ - on an opponent who wounded the prince in combat. In all honesty, I haven't had a lot of luck with the plate and I am wondering if it is worth the Command Point (CP).

Troops

5x Plague Marines
2x Blight Launchers (PLAGUE WEAPON)
105pts

The only formation of Plague Marines in my army ... which is a little sad but they just aren't that good. With the warlords 'buff' abilities, the blight launcher is a great weapon with 24" range, 3+ to hit (re-rolling 1's), Str 6 (re-rolling all failed wounds), -2 AP and D3 damage. A nastly 'elite infantry' killer.

11x Pox Walkers 66pts

My 'Meat Shield'. These boys walk infront of the army and take the hits. They are there to die and I don't expect much.

11x Pox Walkers 66pts

My 'Meat Shield'. These boys walk infront of the army and take the hits. They are there to die and I don't expect much.

5x Blightlord Terminators
4x Combi-meltas
1x Reaper Autocannon
5x Bubonic Axes (PLAGUE WEAPON)
Total 306pts

With the sorcerer's spells (coming in my next detachment), this formation really packs a punch with all of it's melta shots. Add to this the strategem 'Veterans of the long war' and they can knock out any major battle tank.

Foetid Bloat-drone
Fleshmower (PLAGUE WEAPON)
136pts

With 9 attacks in combat, hitting on 4+, Str 6/8 and causing D3/2 damage (re-rolling the plague weapon wounds), this guy is a beast in combat because he is so durable. He also flies which means models hit in buildings are not safe!

Foetid Bloat-drone
Fleshmower (PLAGUE WEAPON)
136pts

With 9 attacks in combat, hitting on 4+, Str 6/8 and causing D3/2 damage (re-rolling the plague weapon wounds), this guy is a beast in combat because he is so durable. He also flies which means models hit in buildings are not safe!

Plagueburst Crawler
2x Plaguespitters (PLAGUE WEAPON)
1x Heavy slugger
1x Plague burst mortar (PLAGUE WEAPON)
Total 140pts

I used to keep this guy at the back of the board shooting Enthropy Cannons. This model is so durable that it was a bit of a waste so now, I throw this model down my opponents throat and use Str 7 flamers (re-rolling wounds if the warlord is nearby). I also use it to pin important enemy formations in combat; with a Toughness of 8, 3+ save and Disgustingly resilient, it's so hard to kill one of these.


Plagueburst Crawler
2x Plaguespitters (PLAGUE WEAPON)
1x Heavy slugger
1x Plague burst mortar (PLAGUE WEAPON)
Total 140pts

I used to keep this guy at the back of the board shooting Enthropy Cannons. This model is so durable that it was a bit of a waste so now, I throw this model down my opponents throat and use Str 7 flamers (re-rolling wounds if the warlord is nearby). I also use it to pin important enemy formations in combat; with a Toughness of 8, 3+ save and Disgustingly resilient, it's so hard to kill one of these.

Patrol Detachment - Chaos Space Marine

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour
Combi-bolter
Force Stave
Mark of Nurgle
Spells - Death Hex and Prescience
Total 130pts

I prefer Chaos magic to Death Guard. Being able to remove invunerable saves, and giving my Blightlord Terminators +1 to hit, is a huge advantage that I cannot ignore. Also the Strategm 'Deamon Shell' allows me to inflict D3 mortal wounds through my combi-bolter.

10 Cultists
Nurgle
Total 40pts

A formation in their pants. These boys are there to take objectives and to keep out of the fight. I can use the strategm 'Tide of Traitors' to move them around the board to take other objectives.

Defiler
Nurgle
Defiler Claws
Reaper Autocannon
Deflier Scourge
Total 167pts

With 4 attacks at Str 16, plus 3 attacks at Str 12, this guy is a beast in close combat. It's not as durable as the Plagueburst crawlers and suprisingly, only toughness 7. It does regenerate a wound per turn and, with the Chaos Space Marine strategm 'Demon Engine', it can re-roll hits and wounds in combat.

Total 1,748pts
Power Level 102
Command Points 7

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment