Thursday 8 March 2012

Tau Fleet accessories

No matter what you’re interested in, everything has ‘accessories’. Clothes have ‘accessories’, cars have ‘accessories’ and I reckon even fishing has ‘accessories’. So why not war gaming?

Below you’ll see the ‘accessories’ that I’ve painted up for my Tau cadre fleet; I hope you like them!

Buildings










Not that my opponent will get anywhere near them, but I suppose it’s only ‘sporting’ to present ground targets. As you can see, I’ve painted seven buildings for my cadre force.

 









Convoy


If you’ve read my ‘VIP’ scenario then you’ll understand why a convoy is needed (if not I suggest you go and read it now … go on!)














 
















Wound counters













As my planes aren’t on the ground (like tanks), it would be rather bizarre to have ‘ground wound markers’ to show when a plane has taken a hit; that’s why I’ve come up with the above. The idea was copied from ‘Commander Alan’, and it’s pretty simple; what you see if a bit of cotton wool, which has been glued (PVA) onto a paper clip, which has been sprayed black. This then fixes onto the wing, of your damaged plane, to indicate that it has taken a wound (please see below). I’ve built twenty of these!

 














 
















Troop Counter

 












Originally I wanted to have ten or so counters; I wanted to have two Tau EPIC infantry models on each counter, and use them as ‘transport troop counters’. Sadly Forge World have stopped producing all of the Tau infantry; however I still needed something to record how many troops I had either evacuated or inserted (can mean the difference between victory and defeat). This is where I came up with this ‘troop counter’. Using the only two EPIC Tau figures I had left, I carved a whole in the back of the base, and fitted a ‘D-12’. This allows me to keep track of how many troops I’ve successfully evacuated (and if its not enough, I could just knock the dice on a little).

 





 


















Terrain Counters














In Aeronautica, it doesn’t really matter what the terrain is … only it’s height. If your plane crosses said terrain at the same, or at a lower height, then your plane has crashed and the pilot is dead. No rolls, no ‘ward save’ … dead. That’s why it’s jolly important to keep track of how high each piece of terrain is; that’s why I’ve produced these little tokens.

Any that’s it; my fleet feels fully ‘accessorised’ up!

Toodle Pip!

2 comments:

  1. Can't quite believe how 'Tau' those Old Crow building s look, they're ideal! Glad to see the smoke markers worked out well (thanks for the credit ;-) ), wouldn't mind the opportunity to make you use them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully when I come home for a hol, then we will have to have a game or two.

    ReplyDelete