Friday 14 June 2024

My 2nd Tau fleet complete

 For those will little time

 

Please see photos below of my Tau fleet which I managed to paint within 2 weeks.

 

For those who have a little more time

 

The great thing about paternity leave is that, a new born baby sleeps for most of the day; leaving me time to complete a project.

 

The negative of children is that, it won’t be long before you have no free time at all. I usually like to spend hours on each model I paint, making sure it’s the best I can do. I’ve tried speed painting before and, though the project gets done quickly, a few months later I look at the project, knowing I haven’t done my best, and decide to sell it. This means that, for me, speed painting is usually a waste of time.

 

However … Aeronautical Imperials (1st edition) is my favourite game of all time but, given the lack of opponents, I only play a minor campaign once or twice a year. I therefore decided to go back to a bit of speed painting as, it just wasn’t worth investing a lot of time and yet, I knew it had to look good.

 

I found a painting technique on YouTube created by Firestorm games. The results looked good and the method was very quick. I got all the necessary equipment prior to the birth of my second child, built my fleet, and undercoated it.

 

This is the second Tau fleet I have painted. The first was the Forge World models which I sold for enough money to buy 2nd edition Tau and Eldar fleets plus have some money spare. I made a terrible mistake when collecting Aeronautica 1st edition; I only bought one fleet therefore, difficult for people to play against me. Now with the 2nd edition models, this issue has been rectified.

 

I had two weeks to complete the below. It took me (painting a couple of hours a day) 2 weeks and a half. Not bad I thought. Below is a list of my complete fleet plus points:

 

Aeronautica Imperialis (1st edition)

 

12x Barracudas 216pts

2x Tiger Sharks AX 1-0 32pts

1x Tiger Shark AX2-2 12pts

2x Remora Drones 24pts

1x Tiger Shark 20pts

Total 304pts without any additional weapons, pilot rating or upgrades

 

Aeronautica Imperialis (2nd edition)

 

2x Remora drones 28pts

1x Tiger Shark AX1-0 with Heavy Rail Cannon and additional weapon 31pts

1x Tiger Share AX1-0 with Heavy plasma Accelerators and additional weapon 33pts

1x Tiger Shark AX1-0-2 with Swiftstrike railgun and additional weapon 27pts

1x Tiger shark AX1-0-2 with Iron Cannon and additional weapon 29pts

4x Barracudas with railguns and additional weapon 100pts

4x Barracudas with burst cannons and additional weapon 116pts

4x Barracudas with iron cannon and additional weapon 104pts

Total 468pts without missiles or other upgrades

















1 comment:

  1. Looking awesome and not at all like they've been speed painted. Will they lower their stAndards to take on my tiny Forge World planes?

    ReplyDelete