Sunday 3 May 2009

Painting EPIC Orks

Over the last couple of weeks I've started to paint my Ork EPIC army (in the colour of Bad Moons ... I an't doing Goff check patterns on 6mm figures). Anway below is a step-by-step guide on how I paint my Orks:


Step 1: Spray the figures Chaos Black















Step Two: Paint the base Calthan Brown















Step Three: Paint the figures Iyanden Darksun















Step Four: Paint the head and arms Knarloc Green














Step Five: Paint the guns Chaos Black















Step Six: Very lightly drybrush the top of the guns Mithril Silver














Step Seven: Now for the magical bit; cover the whole model and base in the ink wash Devlan Mud. This wash is amazing and justs gives the orks that dirty look.











Step Eight: The highlighting stage. Highlight the yellow armour with Iyanden Darksun. Highlight the skin with Knarloc Green. Finally highlight the base with Khemri Brown.












Step Nine: Using PVA Glue stick static grass to the bases













Step Ten: Finally paint the edges of the bases in Chaos Black . . . and there you go! 5 down and probably 200 left to go!








2 comments:

  1. looking good! How many more to go? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many :)

    I think I've got about another 110 bases left ... better get on with it.

    ReplyDelete